Meghan Arnold | A Creative & Professional Creative Professional
San Francisco, CA | email@example.com
With 15+ years creating customer engagement through communication, content and community outreach, I work with innovative organizations dedicated to improving both the local and global community.
Manage sponsorships and partnerships for the Adobe Typekit marketing team. Facilitate presence at industry conferences and events, as well relationships with key stakeholders.
Conference Director • TYPO San Francisco | 2011-2015 • San Francisco, CA
I curated a two-day annual design and creativity conference in San Francisco, working with diverse, international slate of speakers, sponsors and attendees and managing seasonal staff and volunteers. I fostered the TYPO SF community and alumni network to tie the event into the overall marketing initiatives of the parent organization. Additionally, I oversaw content and communications strategy and execution for FontShop.com, including newsletters, blogs and social media.
- Spearheaded conference lineup, marketing and partnerships for TYPO San Francisco. In four years, established event as one of the West Coast's most prestigious design conferences.
- Revised content strategy leading to increase in both engagement and revenue from e-newsletters, blog and social media.
- Created successful cross-platform engagement campaigns.
- Managed PR launch of FontBook App, which rose to #1 Reference App in the App Store the week of its release, was named one of the App Store's best reference apps of 2011, received multiple media mentions, and won awards from Communications Arts and Type Directors Club
Communications Manager • Milwaukee County Transit System | 2007-2011 • Milwaukee, WI
I managed online and print communications, and assisted with media relations, for major metropolitan transit system. with annual ridership of 42 million I coordinated outreach programs and events to positively promote transportation alternatives and the role of the organization in the community.
- Brought system into the social media universe via Twitter.com/RideMCTS and Facebook.com/RideMCTS
- Managed media relations and crisis communications during Milwaukee's July 2010 Flash Flood, major snowstorms, and major security incidents.
- Championed Bikes on Buses project and assisted in coordinating community outreach, including launch, Bike to Work Week participation and demonstrations.
- Provided critical front and backend UX and UI feedback for major website upgrade.
- Assisted in launch of internal electronic newsletter.
I worked alongside Executive Director, the Board of Trustees and committee chairs in managing client projects and programs. I provided direction, planning and coordination of membership services, meetings, publications, marketing and media relations for professional association of over 2,300 domestic and international members working for companies ranging from large pharma to contract research organizations to biotech and consulting firms.
- Doubled annual conference sponsorship income and increased exhibit booth reservations by 23% in first 90 days in position.
- Streamlined membership renewal process and member communications.
- Developed creative web-based solutions used by our client and others in the association management firm.
- Selected as public relations consultant for American Society of Gene Therapy 2007 Annual Meeting and garnered press hits in New Scientist and The Seattle Times.
Senior Marketing Coordinator • MilwaukeeJobs.com / Infosoft Group | 2002-2006 • Milwaukee
I facilitated internal and external marketing and communications efforts for network of over 600 local employment and diversity websites, including MilwaukeeJobs.com, Wisconsin’s largest online recruiting resource.
- Hired as private startup company’s first marketing employee and oversaw growth of department to support tenfold sales increase from August 2002 to May 2006.
- Developed and implemented branding strategies for aggressive entrance into new markets.
- Represented company in community relations role, collaborating with site users ranging from senior human resources personnel to job seekers to career consultants.
- Partnered with stakeholders to create consistent, fresh and local content for site network.
- Marketing Consultant • Past clients: Type Camp, Dysonics, Fast Foodie | 2005-present
- Events Manager • Heavybit Industries | 2015-2016 • San Francisco, CA
- Public Information Intern • Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors | March 2001-May 2002 • Milwaukee
- Copy Editor • Marquette Tribune | Aug. 2000-May 2002 • Milwaukee
Current Volunteer Experience
- Walk San Francisco | 2012-present | Board Member, Fundraising Committee Chair, President Walk San Francisco Foundation
- San Francisco Design Week | 2016 | Studio Tours Lead
- San Francisco Bicycle Coalition | 2011-present | Ad Hoc Volunteer, Past Leadership Committee Member
Additional Volunteer Experience
- Marquette University Alumni Club of Northern California | October 2012-July 2015 | Club President
- San Francisco International Film Festival • 2011-2013 Festivals • Lead Volunteer
- Sunday Streets • 2012 Season • Event Volunteer
- Milwaukee Film • October 2004-February 2011 • Theatre Manager
- Milwaukee Repertory Theatre • September 2010-February 2011 • Entourage Committee
- Juneau Park Friends • July 2009-February 2011 • Outreach Committee
- FUEL Milwaukee | 2003-2011 |Healthy & Green Team Leader (2009-2010)
- Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN) – Milwaukee | 2006-2011 | Board Member & Marketing Committee Co-Chair (2009-2010)
- Ad2 Milwaukee • 2005-2007 • Public Service Committee • Board Member
- United Way Milwaukee • 2004-2005 • Healthy Girls Project Special Events Committee
Bachelor of Arts, Marquette University | May 2002 • Milwaukee, Wisconsin • 3.383/4.0 GPA
Majors: Public Relations (3.75 GPA) and English (3.7 GPA) • Minor: Social Sciences
Honors: Dean’s List, 4 semesters • Sigma Tau Delta, International English Honors Fraternity
Professional Development Certificates:
- State of Wisconsin: Basic Public Information Officer (G290-B), Advanced Public Information Officer (G290-A)
- National Transit Institute (Rutgers University): Implementing Contactless Fare Collection Systems, Effective Supervision in Transit
- Participant in 2013 Season of Farm School through 18 Reasons, San Francisco food education non-profit
- Graduate of The White House Project, Women’s Political Leadership program
- Graduate of Mosaic Partnerships Program through City of Milwaukee
- Graduate of Young Professionals of Milwaukee's (now FUEL Milwaukee) Service Circuit Program developing young professionals for non-profit leadership